WANTED - Plastic RACE BOAT

Buying and Selling stuff through WWKC

Moderator: atbarber

Nigel

WANTED - Plastic RACE BOAT

Post by Nigel »

WANTED: Plastic Race Boat,

eg. Fastwave or Wavehopper - For a small (adult) paddler - 160cm(5'4"), 57Kg (9st).

Mobi: 086 8458 614 :wink:
keith

Post by keith »

Hi Nigel,

Theres very few Wildwater boats for sale at the moment as its mid season for racing, however the ICU WWR Ctte does have boats for borrowing for new people to try out the sport.The chairpersons name is Martin McCarthy and he can be contacted @ mmccarthy AT eircom DOT ie

Im not sure if you are a member of WWKC, but if you are there are palstic race baots for club use in the middle boat shed.

Cheers,

Keith
Nigel

Thanks for the feedback, Keith

Post by Nigel »

No, I'm not a WWKC member. Just, ICU, ISKA, Rockhoppers & Tullamore CC.
I'm based in portarlington, so it's not really viable to travel to Dublin to borrow boats. I guess I'll have to post a new 'wanted' ad at the end of the race season.
I'm interested in doing some of the classic races on the calendar. I have a fibreglass 'Omey' but don't want to smash it up on rocks / weirs / drops, that I'm new to. - I'll be using it for the Avonmore race, next week - I ran that section a few weeks ago and should have no problems with the rocks.
I really want a faster boat - I'm hoping to improve my time on the Liffey Descent - Last year i placed 40th in GP class; 3hrs15mins.

Thanks again for the reply. I've ads everywhere & you're the first to answer. :)
keith

Post by keith »

In the past they have let people have them for a few races so it might mean only 2 trips to Dublin or even a collection at a race?.Im not sure what the procedure is these days.

Id say contact Martin anyway and let him know you are looking for a boat, he's the Director of Irish Wildwater racing and knows whats for sale etc.

In the meantime if I hear of anything il drop you a text

Keith
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

will do & thanks again.