Buying Advice Pyranha Karnali - Size

Buying and Selling stuff through WWKC

Moderator: atbarber

fran&john

Buying Advice Pyranha Karnali - Size

Post by fran&john »

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying this Pyranha Kanarli Medium second hand. Can anybody advice me with the size: I'm 5 ft 11'' but more importantly, I have "female" hips and had trouble getting into other medium boats before in terms of width of the cockpit. Tried the large Karnali but that is too big.

What do you think?

Thanks a mill,

Franzi
niallobroin

Re: Buying Advice Pyranha Karnali - Size

Post by niallobroin »

The very best thing to do is to just try the boat out for size.
fran&john

Post by fran&john »

Thanks Naill, was just wondering if it was worth the trek over to Meath to try it :-) Am I right thinking that there's no medium Karnali in the club? or is there?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Would almost say rather than going straight for Karnali, try a few other boats than just the club ones out for size before deciding on one, if your out on a trip, ask if you can swap and try some of the other personal boats that people have with them, like Burn, Ammo, Mamba etc...I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.
Andrew Cahill (L3 Instructor)
Membership officer - email : membership@wwkc.net. looking for REC 3 (First aid) ? email : andrew.cahill@gmail.com
Need a fob for club house ? Drop me a line
daveyk

Post by daveyk »

Franzi its also worth noting that once you buy a boat u can fit it out to suit yourself. There is a lot of optional padding inside the karnalis (including the club boats) which can be taken and/or reduced to suit your size.

If nobody in the club has one to try out see if great outdoors in town has one to check out and either way look at the padding on the inside and u will see much room you have to play with. I'd say u will b fine for the medium but check it out first.
niallobroin

Post by niallobroin »

I'm pretty sure we only have large Karnalis in the club. However you did say that the large Karnali was too large, so it's reasonable to assume that the medium might be a reasonable fit. Andrew's not far wrong about trying other boats, but you won't go far wrong with a Karnali - I paddled one for a couple of years, and it's very forgiving.
fran&john

Post by fran&john »

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try it out. Cheers
gerry o f

Post by gerry o f »

pajo has one im sure you could try it out on our thursdays out :P
PaJo

Post by PaJo »

I paddle the Karnali medium, you're right Niall there is only a large in the club.

The boat is super, don't be minding all them 'very forgiving' quotes I tripped over eddy lines for months until i learned how to lift an edge :shock:
The boat really comes into itself on the faster water then you realise what tracking a line means!
I'm 6ft2" and just over 90kg's and I like to think i have female hips as well 8) so I reckon you would be snug in it.
Great boat altogether, feel free to demo mine. I'm just waiting on a spare bung to arrive in the post, should be here tomorrow.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are adventure kayaking" Oscar Wilde L4 paddler